- EXEC-style slow-pitch softball rules (must have an Arc)
- No stealing, must touch 2nd plate at home
- No tagging up from 3rd base
- Games considered complete after 4 innings or 1 hour of play
- 12-14 players per team; 11 players on the field
- All players present must be in the batting order for the full game, except for injury (can be withdrawn)
- Anyone can spare for any team as long as they are not sparing against their own team
- There are no caliber restrictions (within reason) on loaner players until the final - we ask that better judgment be used to keep things fair. In the very unlikely event a loaner is needed in the final, the tournament organizers will evaluate the calibre of the proposed loaner (who may come from eliminated teams). Provided the loaner(s) are not "ringers" or a significant upgrade, as many as needed will be allowed to play to make a 11-player roster.
- Anyone on the roster can pitch
- 7 innings max
- No new inning started after 90 minutes of play (ex: 11:30 for a 10 am start)
- Bats will be provided by the league
- A 2nd foul after 2 strikes results in a strikeout
- Runners will be called out if they touch home plate, except on a home run hit over the fence and out of play
- 5 runs per inning max including, excluded the last inning of each game, which is open
- A differential of 15 runs after 3 innings results in a mercy (to be decided by both teams)
Eligibility, cost & objective
- There are 2 objectives to this event:
1) Honour the memory of Jason Azoulay by having a fun day doing something he loved: playing softball
2) Raise money for charity!
- Entry is a min. $40 donation to Defi Canderel
Note: Any argument with an umpire will result in immediate ejection without exception. This includes questioning balls and strikes and any other call on the field.